Considering to visit Taiwan?
Good news! Visa-free entry for Filipinos to Taiwan is extended until July 31, 2019!
Here’s a highlight of our adventure of a lifetime 😊
4 DAYS 4 NIGHTS TAIWAN ITINERARY (TAIPEI, TAICHUNG, AND KAOHSIUNG)
Watch Xzar Lim‘s video:
DIY Taiwan Travel Guide Detailed Itinerary:
📍Day 1 (Taipei)
(11:00PM-1:20PM)— NAIA-Taoyuan Airport
(2:00AM-3:00AM)— Airport to Taipei Main Station
(3:00AM-8:00AM)— Check in at Muiu Capsule Inn
(8:00AM-9:00AM)— Prep/Breakfast at hotel
(9:00AM-9:40AM)— Taipei Main Station to MRT Tamsui
(9:40AM-10:00AM) — MRT Tamsui (Bus 26) to Fisherman’s Wharf
(10:00AM-11:00AM) — Visit Fisherman’s Wharf
(11:00AM-11:15AM) — Fisherman’s Wharf (Bus 26)-MRT Tamsui
(11:15AM-11:30AM) — MRT Danshui-Xinbeitou Station
(11:30AM-12:30NN) — Lunch around Xinbeitou Station
(12:30NN-1:30 PM) — Xinbeitou Station (Line 9 bus, line 108 ) to Yamingshan National Park
(1:30PM-3:30 PM) — Visit Yamingshan National Park
(3:30PM-4:30 PM — Bus from Yamingshan National Park to Jiantan Station
(4:30-5:30 PM) — Visit Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall
(5:30PM-6:00 PM) — MRT Chiang Kai Shek to MRT Ximen
(6:00PM-9:00PM) — Foodtrip/Shop at Ximending
(9:00PM-9:30PM) —Train from MRT Ximen to Taipei Main Station
📍Day 2 (New Taipei)
(5:00AM-6:00AM) — Breakfast/Prep
(8:00AM-9:00AM) — Taipei Main Station (Kuo Kuang bus #1815) to Yehliu Geopark
(9:00AM-11:00AM) — Visit GeoPark
(11:0AM-11:30AM) — From Geopark, ride a bus near the convenient store to Keelung Station
(11:30AM-12:30NN) — Arrive in Keelung bus stop then travel to Jiufen
(12:30NN-2:30 PM) — Lunch/Tour in Jiufen
(2:30PM-3:00PM) — Bus 788 to Ruifang railway station
(3:00PM-3:30PM) — Train Ruifang to Shifen- Transfer to Pingxi Lane
(3:30PM-4:30 PM) — Shifen Waterfalls
(4:30PM-7:30 PM) — Shifen Lantern
(7:30PM-9:00PM) — Shifen train to Ruifang Train Station
(7:00PM-8:00PM) — Ruifang Train Station-Taipei Main Station
(8:00PM-9:00PM) — Dinner
📍Day 3 (Taichung)
(5:00AM-6:00AM) — Prep/Breakfast/Check out
(8:00AM-11:00AM) — Taipei Main Station-Taichung by bus
(11:00AM-12:00N) — Car rental Rainbow Village
(12:00NN-2:00PM) — Travel to Nantou
(2:00PM-2:30PM) — Visit Old England
(2:30PM-5:00PM) — Visit Qinjing Farm
(5:00PM-6:30PM) — Drop off at Taichung Main Station
(6:30PM-7:30PM) — Taichung to Kaohsiung City (Via High-Speed Train)
(7:30-9:00PM) — Check-in/Rest
(9:00PM-11:00PM) — Foodtrip/Shop at Liuhe Night Market
📍Day 4 (Kaohsiung)
(10:00AM-10:30AM) — Check out/ Formosa train station to Zuoying Train Station
(10:30AM-11:00AM) — Travel to lotus pond
(11:00AM-1:00PM) —Lunch/Visit Lotus pond
(1:00PM-1:15PM) — Travel to Zuoying Train Station
(1:15PM-3:00PM) — Travel to Fo Guang Shan Buddha
(3:00PM-5:00PM) —Visit Fo Guang Shan Buddha
(5:00PM-6:30PM) —Fo Guang Shan Buddha to Zuoying Station
(6:30PM-6:45PM) — Zuoyung Station to Formosa Train Station
(6:45PM-8:30PM) — Shop/Foodtrip at Liuhe Night Market
(8:30PM-9:00PM) — Get things from the hotel
(9:00PM-9:30PM)— Formosa train station-Zuoying train station
(9:30PM-11:00PM) — ZuoyIng Station to Taoyuan train station
(12:00 AM-4:00AM) — Waiting game
(4:00AM-6:25AM) — Taipei-Manila
Breakdown of Expenses:
Easy Card – 100 NTD [Avail via KKday]
Easy Card load- 700 NTD
Local train tickets – 120 NTD
Bus fare from Taipei-Taichung- 220 NTD
Car rent (Taichung) 3500NTD/3 = 1166NTD [or Avail via Klook]
High-speed train [Avail via Klook] 600 NTD Taichung to Zuoying
Zuoying to Taoyuan – 1000 NTD
=3906NTD x 1.95
=P7616 DIY Taiwan Travel Guide
• Shopping Allowance
1500NTD = P2925
• Other expenses:
Yehliu Entrance Fee- 80NTD [Avail via Klook]
Qinjing Farm Entrance Fee- 200NTD
Swiss Garden Entrance Fee- 120NTD
Sky Lantern – 300 NTD/3
Simcard with 10 days 3G load- 300NTD/3 = 100NTD [or Avail of WiFi/Sim Card via Klook]
• Food budget: 1200NTD = P2160
2 nights at Muiu Capsule Inn = P4976 [Book via AGODA | BOOKING]
1 night at 4U Hostel = P2729 [Book via AGODA | BOOKING]
1 Night at hotel (Kaoshiung) = P1600
Total P9305/3 = P3100
Total= P13,331 DIY Taiwan Travel Guide
P.S. Total Expenses if we weren’t lost and left by the train.
Taiwan Travel Tips:
• We visited Taiwan last March, spring season and tinapat talaga namin sa Pingxi Lantern Festival sa Taiwan and unexpectedly sa travel date namin may mga event sa may Yehliu and Fo Guang Shan.
The weather there last March was around 18 degrees at night and 23 degrees in morning (Sa Taipei and Taichung lang). DIY Taiwan Travel Guide
• For faster travel to Taichung and Kaoshiung, book ahead of time at Klook.com and use my promo code 9K1HM to get more than P100 discount, instead of purchasing single journey like what we did, use the high-speed train unlimited pass na lang para mas makamura. What we did is that we booked another night para we can early check-in after our arrival in Taipei, pero you can stay naman sa airport until 6am, yung pocket wifi sa Klook maavail niyo lang siya after 3am ata.
• Communication barrier? Kaya ma-achieve ang communication with the locals if you have Internet for translation. Super friendly sila despite the barrier.
• Internet? If sa Taipei ka lang naman, no need na to buy simcard kasi sobrang daming wifi sa paligid. But if you need one – Taiwan Unlimited 4G Portable Wi-Fi Rental via KKday (P138)
• Immigration? They’re not strict, pero sa Pilipinas strict kapag 1st time traveler ka, just make sure nakapag-book na kayo ng hotel online. DIY Taiwan Travel Guide
• Where to stay?
We stayed at Muiu Inn, a private room, with free breakfast and allow early check in. Almost 600 meters from Taipei Main Station, keri naman lakarin. We stayed around there kasi accessible sa mga buses and train but if you prefer shopping, you can stay around Ximending
• Exchange Rate? Our exchange rate was 1.95!!! Don’t exchange sa Philippines airport, hanap kayo outside aiport para mas maraming ma-baon sa Taiwan, and ang alam ko sa airport ka lang sa Taoyuan pwedeng magpapalit ng Php. If not, you have to have dollars on hand so make sure na nakapag-exchange kana sa Philippines.
• If you’ll just visit Taipei, mas makakamura ka sa gastos pero mas okay na i-explore mo na ang buong Taiwan using the high-speed train. You can also explore different days of visit sa Kaoshiung, pwede mo siyang gawing day 1 etc., cause in our case kelangan day 2 talaga namin yung Shifen because of the Pingxi Lantern Festival.
• Hindi rin ganun ka-mahal sa Taiwan unlike sa Hongkong and Singapore. Cheaper ang Taiwan.
TIPS FOR TAIPEI CITY, NEW TAIPEI, TAICHUNG, & KAOHSIUNG
📍Day 1 (Taipei)
• We visited Taiwan last March 5 and we’re supposed to go at Tianyuan temple to catch cherry blossoms there, pero wala pa daw cherry blossoms, so we ended up at Yangminshan. DIY Taiwan Travel Guide
• Tips for Yangminshan Park
• Sobrang hirap sumakay ng bus papuntang Yangminshan, you have to wait for 15-30 mins bago may dumating na bus. Mali rin nababaan namin sa Yangminshan, you need to ride another bus para makapunta dun sa may mga fog.
• We’re also supposed to go sa mga Meteor Garden loc, Longshan Temple and Taipei 101 pero kulang na sa time. So gumising ng maaga
📍Day 2 (New Taipei)
• Medyo hassle papuntang Shifen, so make sure alam niyo talaga yung mga time ng train para hindi sayang waiting time. Ilang beses kaming naligaw dito and na-delay Better to book na lang din through Klook para less hassle.
• Must explore Shilin Market at night (Mas madami daw food dun)
📍Day 3 (Taichung)
• Mura ang bus papuntang Taichung pero dapat alam mo yung oras ng alis kasi medyo late na kami nakaalis. Better if mag high speed train na lang.
• RENT A CAR!
I think sobrang hirap sa Taichung kung wala kang car kasi magkakalayo talaaga yung mga places, lalo na kung pupunta ka sa Nantou area, better if you hire a driver. DIY Taiwan Travel Guide
• Although, we didn’t rent a car from Taipei, instead we rented a car when we were already in Taichung. We don’t have any plans, nakahanap lang kami randomly ng taxi sa tabi-tabi pero mahirap siya kasi karamihan hindi marunong mag-english, better if humanap ka dito ng driver.
• I can recommend our girl driver, we’re supposed to go at Houli farm pero kulang na sa time. We got her for 3500NTD including Nantou. Here are her contact details: 0932624946 (Taiwanese, no communication barrier and very recommended).
📍 Day 4 (Kaoshiung)
-Sobrang INIT sa Kaoshiung, almost 32 degrees dun!
-Try to explore other night markets like the Ruifang Market
-Sulit sa Fo Guang Shan, you can spend 3 hours there, okay na.
-Sobrang init sa Lotus Pond DIY Taiwan Travel Guide
-You can also visit Cijin Island (which is hindi namin nagawa)
So ayun muntik na kaming maiwan ng flight, cause we missed the last train trip to Taoyuan Airport. You guys should know first the schedule of high speed train. Thankfully, there’s still a train to Taichung and our driver from Day 3 (Taichung) dropped us at the Taichung Bus Station, Ubus name ng Bus, malayo siya from THSR, need niyong mag-taxi to bus station (Ni-refund na lang namin train ticket sa klook, Travel by bus is 2 hours kasi midnight, so we made it)
Taiwan never failed to amaze us, and I’m sure you will too! Feel free to PM Xzarriane Lim if you have questions.
WHAT TO READ NEXT
Taipei, Taiwan Travel Guide with Extreme Tight Budget: ₱5000 for 4D3N
REVIEW: Taiwan Unlimited Data Sim Card | Where to Buy one?
Taiwan Travel Guide: Taiwan Itinerary 6D5N + Expenses
What to Do in Taipei: Taipei 101 and National Palace Museum via KKday